S'pore magazine director and Taiwanese woman killed after Volkswagen crashes into tree on ECP

A fatal accident which resulted in a Singaporean man and a Taiwanese woman killed after the Volkswagen they were travelling in crashed into a tree on the East Coast Parkway on May 1.

What make me wonder is the number of people in the Volkswagen... It is suppose to be a performance car where the max capacity is 5 including the driver but in this accident there were actually 4 adults at the rear of the car (rather packed for the Volkswagen)...

From the video footage captured it seem that the car was travelling at a high speed so as to reach the exit... Personally I have been driving for quite a while and for me missing an exit is quite common due to poor GPS response or simply travelling on the far right lane. I usually will just take the next exit (sometime even the next next one) as I feel it is alot safer not only for me but my passengers as well as other road users. Not worth taking the risk if you ask me especially if there are so many passengers in the car.

More info here.


No comments: